Saturday, May 26, 2012

Finally

I got back in the saddle for real--today I complete a triathlon for the first time in almost 3 years.  It was a smallish, local sprint, Pelican Fest in Windsor, CO.  This was The Man's first ever triathlon and my 6th.    
Post Race deck change

Swim was good, bike was good, the run however, left something to be desired.  Panicky schtuff started in on me and was difficult to get under control.  I attribute it to lack of training sessions due to children, illness, and simple laziness.  There's a massive magnet in my bed it seems keeping me from getting up at 4:30 to get in workouts before Loving Husband leaves for work.
So, it could've been better, but I think I did all right considering the training I did accomplish.  Other recent races: Kick it for Kenya and Skirt Chaser coming up.  And probably at least one other tri this season toward the end of summer.  Excited to be back, and ready to get the work done to improve!

Find Race Report HERE.

No comments:

Be a Super Mom - Cloth Diaper with FuzziBunz diapers at Nurtured Family
Mama Bargains - Are you hooked yet?