Wednesday, January 21, 2009

When Grandparents Visit

The Grandparents Bowman Unit visited early this month, and it was really nice. Fiona was SO excited she could hardly eat with them around. Added bonus that when grandparents visit, they bring PRESENTS! Ever since there have been tea parties and lots of galloping-snorting-whinnying around the house. Fiona & I enjoyed the Aquarium & sight-seeing with Gramma & Granpa. Then the bonus of the authentic British Tea House & Restaurant at Hilltop Inn---my first time for true Yorkshire Pudding! A gem of a place!

Thank you to my parents for the gifts and taking the effort to bring ALL the remainder of my possessions up to Colorado. It's bizarre having previous lives collide in the current time continuum. I really can't explain it, it's traumatic in a healthy, healing way. I completed the initial reorganization & perusal. Must've thought somehow that I would return to unpack in a relative short time, based on some things I kept, but that's not what happened. Now I need to get most of it put in storage properly again, catalogued mentally, rid myself of what is rotten or of no real use anymore. Most of it was packed exactly as I left it, only one box casualty of a Texas rodent.
What an enlightening experience to see what I thought was important as a child, as a college student/first marriage, as a young professional & single person. Now, other than historical record, I'm trying to redefine its use. It seems I was searching for my relevance to the universe, keeping strict records in lots of journals. Now that I have found relevance in life to date, the rest is ancient history, impotent information. Since all is impermanent , no Thing lasts, I'll purge a majority of this 'stuff' and keep only poignant keepsakes, possibly interesting to our offspring should they ever be curious. A men tal "house" cleaning, how appropriate at this New Year time, how amazing that it all culminates exactly when it should....god-the-universe is watching.

No comments:

Be a Super Mom - Cloth Diaper with FuzziBunz diapers at Nurtured Family
Mama Bargains - Are you hooked yet?