Friday, January 16, 2009

Early year doldrums

Ho-Hum the dol-drumms. This is the time of year when the post holiday doldrums set in. I feel somewhat restless, want to travel, probably just suffering some withdrawals from all the holiday treats. Not much to do other than plug along day to day. Traditionally the slowest time of the year for retail and restaurant industries ('cause I used to work for them). Maybe that's why Valentine's Day has become such a commercialized "holiday"? Desperate retailers trying to inject a little more cash post holiday, pre-memorial day?

Every now and then I think about getting a part time job, but mostly what I want to do would involve a certification, or more education, so it's all sort of in limbo. I've attempted to get a couple part time jobs, but so far no one is interested in my long past service industry experience, or my more recent over-/under-qualifications. Now I am in that gray area, too experienced for this one, not mastered enough for the other one. Give it up to god-the-universe, it must have something else planned for me.

Fiona has a fever today, 101.5 topped out when the medication has worn off, I'm still considering taking her to the doc. Fevers don't bode well for social interaction, so we're house-bound for the most part, no gym-time for me until Gary is home from work. I've a looong workout today, and I hate to miss 'em since I've signed up for the 5430 Series. I tend to give myself a hard time missing workouts, it's early yet though---I have to remember that. Maybe I'll get some housework done? *snerk* No really, I do need to get some housework done, and I will....soon. Plus there's the other pork-ham-roast-thing from The Colossal Christmas Shank I plan to roast today. Fiona's not too bad off, her behavior is next to normal, she's a bit listless with the fever, but certainly hasn't lost the knack for tantrum-ing in proper form, her appetite is fine, and fluid intake appears normal. Hence, my being on the fence regarding trekking to the doc---it's just a fever. (knock on wood)

The other day we put Bark Butter on the trees out back (Thank You Miss M!). ONE fat squirrel ate ALL of it I think---very possibly the same squirrel that munched on the dinosaur (see archive). The birds hardly got any it seemed. Little Girl got a kick outta spreading it on the tree, and hung around the back door for a while watching the critters attempt to sneak some tasties from The Fat One. There's a bit more, maybe butter the trees again today.
So it goes. :D

No comments:

Be a Super Mom - Cloth Diaper with FuzziBunz diapers at Nurtured Family
Mama Bargains - Are you hooked yet?