Thursday, January 17, 2013

Because he loves me


Eons ago in my professional life, during a company function where an empowerment speaker worked with our overtly masculine crowd, he notes the location of women in the crowd, and asks, "For the women in the group, what its the first thing you think when he brings you flowers?"

Of the other remarks I heard only, "what did he do wrong?"
Without hesitation, I responded, "Because he loves me!"  Which the speaker hit upon and launched into the next phase of his talk.

Its true still today, almost 10 years later, I don't dream with suspicion or fear, only gratitude and love.
And I'm SO grateful that these little girls get to experience this, "because he loves me" attitude!

Happy day!
: )

No comments:

Be a Super Mom - Cloth Diaper with FuzziBunz diapers at Nurtured Family
Mama Bargains - Are you hooked yet?