Monday, December 5, 2011

My Brain Baby

I've been pregnant of sorts with a brain baby, and idea on my mind since February or so, finally came to fruition this past weekend, and here is the story...

I have a challenging, tenacious, outspoken five year old daughter.  It was her first summer day camp and she was having some problems adjusting.  One night after a trying day, an idea occurred to me, to tape affirming adjectives to her pajamas as she slept…”calm”, “respectful”, “cooperative”, “loving”.  I had just learned about Masaru Emoto’s work with positive & negative phrases and water crystals.  I figured, well, humans are mostly water it couldn’t hurt to try it.

It was as if a switch flipped.  She awoke her sweet self the next morning and had very good days at camp thereafter. 

With this success I ruminated on the idea.  Our homeschool co-op utilizes The Family Virtues Guide of The Virtues Project. Taking this as inspiration to my adjective idea a strike of mental lightning gave me my first three or so word-triplet designs.  It had to be “I AM” statements, adjectives that are interrelated and would aid me to be my Best Self. 

Once I had the matured concept on the brain, it wouldn’t leave me alone.   I love a soft, quality tee-shirt with a stylish pair of jeans, my mommy uniform.  If that shirt were to help me, “Patient, Loving, Kind,” with my daily endeavors to raise human beings AND if my dynamic daughter will wear a comfy tee that states, for instance “Peaceful, Respectful, Cooperative”, making my mommin’ even a little easier—I am all for it!

Of course, with all of this I became compelled to share this success with others.  After some tribulation with the How to get it done, I settled on hand stenciling the shirts.  Until I receive a massive order, I will enjoy the total customization possibilities, and the artistry of it all (I have had to begrudgingly admit I am an artist). 

So, here we are.  Joyfully moving forward on this new adventure!  This is LOViNTee, positively wearable.

the booth!

the table and design book

Logo on back of tees

No comments:

Be a Super Mom - Cloth Diaper with FuzziBunz diapers at Nurtured Family
Mama Bargains - Are you hooked yet?