Friday, September 23, 2011

Today, we're all under the weather a bit, fighting a cold.  Headed to a co-op mom's house for a homeschool lesson and playing.  Some contention about the trampoline caused it to be closed for the remainder of the visit, some birthday singing over pumpkin muffins, Toddler E went down the super-fast slide several times and patted the dog.  The virtue this week is creativity (last week was confidence, and before was respect), storytelling and illustrating, then a little BrainPop video about Fall Equinox.  On our way home, babe asleep, we started pass a parade lining up.  Turns out it was Bear Creek Highschool Homecoming, too too cute.  We waited patiently and finally got to cheer them all on, I got to scream "GO CLARINETS! GO WOODWINDS!"  and "ORCHESTRA ROCKS!"  Every time I whooped and hollered some kid threw candy, Miss Monkey's pockets were overflowing with candy.  Continued home chatting about the parade, the band and the 4H horses were my fave, some bareback and standing up in their saddles, brave girls.  I didn't see a banner, but I could tell who the homecoming court were---beautiful kids all!  We read some books, E painted a bit, and I reorganized my fabrics.  There is a big bag of scraps for the firstborn to toy with if she chooses.  Started a set of wings for Toddler E, and then decided since I'd have to bathe both of them, we needed to do another hand/foot print paper.  Turned out well I think.
Onward.

No comments:

Be a Super Mom - Cloth Diaper with FuzziBunz diapers at Nurtured Family
Mama Bargains - Are you hooked yet?